Million Meals in March (MMM)
March 1 to March 31, 2020
MMM IS A FUNDRAISING COMPETITION – In its fourth year, local businesses participate in a creative competition to raise funds, collect food donations, and volunteer – with all proceeds going to The Idaho Foodbank.
MMM MEANS FOOD FOR KIDS & FAMILIES – Donor support in terms of food and funds is always highest in November through December, unfortunately, hunger in Idaho is not limited to the holidays. To address this need, The Idaho Foodbank must collect and distribute more than a million meals to over 179,000 people we serve monthly. You can feel confident knowing every dollar donated provides enough food for 5 meals.
MMM IS FUN! – You choose the team-building and fundraising activities that fits your office’s culture. Every dollar raised, food item collected, and volunteer hour given earns points that help you win one of several awards. Be as creative as you want!
MMM IS EASY – We provide you with the tools including ideas and step-by-step instructions for successful events. Your company will also have its own online donation page to share and collect donations.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
ACCRUE POINTS AND COMPETE WITH COMPANIES TO WIN
- $1 = 25 points
- 1 volunteer hour/person = 10 points
- 1 Lbs. of food = 5 points
- CANstruction entry = 100 points (PLUS the lbs. of food)
- CANstruction Social Media Winner = 500 points
- 1 post using #MillionMealsIdaho @idahofoodbank = 5 points
FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS TO ENGAGE YOUR OFFICE
- Designate a Corporate Challenge Champion from your organization and send them to our Kick-Off meeting Tuesday February 18 from 4-5 PM at The Idaho Foodbank Warehouse 3562 S. TK Ave, Boise 83705.
- Register your company NOW to participate. Include logo, number of employees, industry, your Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram hashtags
- Recruit coworkers, clients, customers, family too, and set your fundraising goal
- Solicit prizes and incentives for employees to participate